About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Ashley. My husband Levi and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now. Marriage is fun, exciting, sometimes hard, and always entertaining. We have one dog, Mason, and a baby boy on the way! Our life is always on the go and this is an account to it.

Monday, December 21, 2009

We want a dog! Or two...

Ok, so Levi and I both grew up with dogs in the family, ever since we were little. The first dog I remember my family having was an Old English Sheep dog named Kiley. Now my parents have a Boxer, Darby, who has been in the family for over 10 years now. She was originally my brother's dog until he went off to college and then she became the family dog. A few years or so ago my brother got a Boston Terrier named Gracie. Gracie and Darby are the dogs of the DeLoach house. Levi grew up with an Australian Shepherd mix named Keanu. Now the Luster's have a Lab named Mika and a Shih-tzu named Ty.

I don't have pictures of Mika or Ty, but here are some of the DeLoach family dogs:


Gracie

Darby

Clearly, dogs have been apart of our lives for a long time. We knew we would want a dog when we got married, but we are unfortunately unable to have one in our condo because our landlord put in new carpet. (Booo!) So, we are enjoying life without a dog until we live somewhere we can finally have one. The thing is.....we can't decide on a dog! We both want dogs that we grew up with. Levi wants a Shih-tzu and a lab and I want a boston and a boxer...oh no!

Well, recently, we have really had dog fever. Maybe its because we are moving so our chances of having a dog are quickly approaching?? The last couple of weeks we have looked at a bunch of dogs in the local pet stores and we finally found one that we both love! Wahoo!

Who could resist this face?!!




We LOVE a Cavalier King Charles! They are so cute! We reallly wanted this one, but couldn't buy it for many reasons. We were already picking names for her and everything :( But at least we know we like the same dog! We are thinking of getting 1 small dog and 1 big dog and getting them at the same time so they are never alone. We don't want to buy from a pet store, so we will have to find a breeder. Another dog we agree on is a chocolate lab, so that is in the running for our 'big' dog. But we just never know what we will like next or what will come our way....stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'am Levi's cousin Rachelle,my mom is Chris Gibbs.I was reading you blog and saw that your family has a boxer. We also have a boxer and just love her. Dogs are great you need to get one for sure!! I also see you are moving back to AZ thats awesome. Till next time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you want a black lab. I can get you a good deal.
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete