About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Ashley. My husband Levi and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now. Marriage is fun, exciting, sometimes hard, and always entertaining. We have one dog, Mason, and a baby boy on the way! Our life is always on the go and this is an account to it.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Slater Builders Inc



When I graduated Vanguard University in 2005, I didn't know what I wanted career-wise. I was working part time for a company called Slater Builders since the middle of 2003. Their a construction company that does smaller end commercial projects. I was assisting the CFO in the accounting department doing odd end jobs. I was offered a full time position when I graduated and since I didn't know what direction I wanted to go in, I took the job. Well, 6 1/2 years later I was still there. It was a great first time job but difficult at the same time. Being stuck in a small cubicle for 8-9 hours a day with little interaction with other people can get very old, and quickly. I am so used to being busy and being outside and working with people, that it was very difficult to do my job, especially something I wasn't passionate about. The people I worked with were great, very supportive and lots of fun. I was blessed to have that kind of support in the work place, the job itself, however, just wasn't something I wanted a career in.

Now that Levi and I have moved, I've obviously quit my job. It was a bitter sweet goodbye. Change is hard (for me anyways!) and this was my first 'real' job, and my life has been planned around if for so many years. But it is time for me to move on and experience new things. There are so many other things that I am passionate about that I am excited that I have the opportunity to explore those passions. I feel like the sky is the limit now and I can really start getting into the things I love. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment