About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Ashley. My husband Levi and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now. Marriage is fun, exciting, sometimes hard, and always entertaining. We have one dog, Mason, and a baby boy on the way! Our life is always on the go and this is an account to it.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Teaching

Back in September I was blessed to start a job that involved something I am actually interested in - kids! My good friend Emma was talking to me about her mom working as a preschool director for a school in Anthem, AZ. Her parents had just moved out here and her mom was getting settled into her new position. I started out by helping Nancy with odd end jobs to help her out and then when school started I became a teachers aide. At first I was moved around between 4 preschool classes and then they decided to keep me in one class all the time.

The teacher's name is Megan and she is very fun to work with. We have 19 four year olds Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. It's been really fun and entertaining to say the least :) It's such a fun age, kids really do say the craziest things! After that class is over I work in what's called the extended care class for an additional hour or so. That class is the 2 year old class as well as a hand full of 3's and 4's that stay all afternoon. I work during the transition phase, lunch and recess. Working with 2's is much different then working with 4's! They are very cute and fun yet uncontrollable at the same time :) It sure makes having only 1 of my own sound like a cinch! :)

The school I work for is Called North Valley Christian Academy. It's a newer school and the building I work in is very nice. Here's a pictures of my classroom. Megan is asking the kiddos what they think Thanksgiving means. Most of the answers were food related, a couple mac and cheese answers, hah :)


I try and remember some of the projects we do, for future reference :) Like these cute little apples the kids made at the beginning of the year:


We have a Christmas play coming up in a few weeks and the one thing about teaching young ones is all the songs that get stuck in your head! Songs to welcome them in the morning, songs for cleaning up, songs for prayer, etc. One of the Christmas songs caught on with Levi and now I've heard him sing it a few times, haha.

"Come on, come on ring those bells, light the Christmas tree! Jesus is the king, born for you and me!"

Now he just needs to learn the hand signals and sign language ;)

1 comment: