About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Ashley. My husband Levi and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now. Marriage is fun, exciting, sometimes hard, and always entertaining. We have one dog, Mason, and a baby boy on the way! Our life is always on the go and this is an account to it.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our First Home

Levi and I lived in Irvine, California for just over a year. We loved the location, our street, our house, the bike paths, being surrounded by parks and greenery...I truly loved where we lived. We did have the 'weird' neighbor but who doesn't?!

This morning, I looked through all the pictures I took of our house. It brought back all the memories (and all the tears!) and it feels like if we were to go there right now, everything in our house would be right where we left it. I want to walk in and go upstairs to our bed and look out the window and see Irvine and feel like we are 'home.'

As I'm writing this, Carrie Underwood's 'Temporary Home' song came on. Perfect timing, huh? As sad as I am to have left our lives that we loved so much in California I have to remind myself of the words in her song:

This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home


I know God is taking care of us on this new adventure in our lives. Our first home will always hold so many 'firsts' memories and I am blessed for the time He gave us there. Here are some pictures of 11 Eastmont, our first home.


Living Room

Kitchen

Kitchen


Our Bedroom


Our Guest Room








2 comments:

  1. Your house was decorated sooooo cute!! Love it!!:) I am sure you will make your new house feel like home before you know it. It would be so hard me to leave AZ and move away from everything I know, but change is good and God always knows best:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your place was SUPER CUTE! You put me to shame!!! No matter where you are you can make your place "homey" because God gifted you with love and comfort to others.

    ReplyDelete