About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Ashley. My husband Levi and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now. Marriage is fun, exciting, sometimes hard, and always entertaining. We have one dog, Mason, and a baby boy on the way! Our life is always on the go and this is an account to it.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Last Day at Preschool

Today was my last day working with my preschoolers. I can't believe it came so fast! It seems like I just started. I will truly miss working at that school and with everyone there. It was a great experience and I am so thankful for the opportunity.

Today was a 'typical' day in class. We read a story, did 'centers' with paint, some with cutting and gluing, and the kids favorites: blocks and home living. Then we had a special snack time for my goodbye - cookies and capri suns :) Each kid gave me a handmade card that they were all so proud of. I even got some amazing gifts from the staff, my teacher, and some of the students. I was overwhelmed with how loving and generous everyone was. Again, I am so thankful for everyone there and my experience.

At the end of the day when it was time to say goodbye, each kid came up to me and hugged me goodbye. That is when the tears started coming. Some of the girls hugged me so tight and would say, 'I love you Mrs. Luster'. I tried to hold it in until I got into the car and then I cried the whole way home. I miss all those little sweet peas!

3 comments:

  1. Kids are SO sweet!! I am glad you had a great last day...now it's time to look forward to your new lil' bundle on the way:) Good Luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man...this made me start to cry! Haha - it's hard thinking of the day I'll have to say goodbye to my students, too. Know that you made an everlasting impact on their lives. That's so neat!

    ReplyDelete