About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Ashley. My husband Levi and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now. Marriage is fun, exciting, sometimes hard, and always entertaining. We have one dog, Mason, and a baby boy on the way! Our life is always on the go and this is an account to it.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reflections of Motherhood

With less then a month to my due date I find myself reflecting on the life I have now and the new life I will soon have and how very different the two are. I'm trying to enjoy the small things in life that I may or may not have for awhile. . .for instance:

quiet moments in bed in the morning reading until I feel like getting up

waking up on my own time

taking a shower when I want to. . .and for a good 20 minutes or so

a quick run to the grocery store

having a free day to do whatever I want

last minute decisions with Levi where we can pick up and leave

planning ahead

leaving the house quickly and getting out of the car quickly

As I prepare to enter into a new chapter in my life, I am so thrilled to begin the journey of being a mom, I can hardly wait. But I also find myself reflecting on my life now and how quickly it's about to change. I wonder if I savored every moment of the life I have now - before kids? Am I truly ready to enter into a new stage of my life - as a mom? Will Levi and I be the parents we want and hope to be?

This video that my cousin sent me awhile back is called Reflections of Motherhood. It's a great little video that reminds me and reassures me that everything is going to be ok. All my worries and concerns are normal, and as I like to think of it. . .it's the first thing to being a mom.

Enjoy



2 comments:

  1. LOVED that video.....it ALL is so true!!! I am so excited for you and the journey you are about to dive into:) It is amazing and being a mommy is the BEST job that God could have ever given me:) Savor every minute because it truly goes way too fast.

    Sorry we missed your shower, it has been crazy with the entire family getting sick:( It's been awful!! I heard it was beautiful and you and baby were showered with wonderful gifts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Levi are going to be amazing parents. God is really going to bless your little family. Trav and I are so excited for this new chapter you are about to begin!

    ReplyDelete